Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My pom woke up with a pink swelling in his eye, Finn and he

Customer Question

my pom woke up with a pink swelling in his eye
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Finn and he is 4 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Finn?
Customer: no should I send a picture
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you post a picture on this thread?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is. Picture
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the picture. Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, I am sorry you are having this problem with your puppy. In response to your question, the swelling you are seeing is protrusion of the gland of the third eyelid. This is commonly known as a "cherry eye." This is not a life-threatening condition nor will it cause vision impairment. But, he should be seen by your family veterinarian for topical medication. But, it is very likely that he will need surgery to replace the gland back in the normal position.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter