Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is pregnant and started vomiting last night I took her

Customer Question
to the vet and he...
She is pregnant and started vomiting last night I took her to the vet and he said she has gastrointestis (sp) now she is having explosive blood diarrhea and salvaging drool she is a Pomeranian and is at day 50
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: She had a ceaser dog food yesterday
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: She is laying around lethargic and her eyes look off like she is in pain I took her temp it was 99.6
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Hill. I would take her to a local emergency clinic tonight because it does not sound like she is stable and the babies are at risk if she becomes dehydrated, develops a low blood sugar or has an overwhelming infection. They should be able to assess the puppies and help Bella feel better too. Feel free to ask followup questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian