Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog has a large lump on his nose.

Customer Question

My dog has a large lump on his nose.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Pumpkin has a mass on her nose. Please post a picture of the mass for my viewing. There is an icon just above the typing area of the chat box for you to upload pictures, that should be labeled "Add photo" or "Attach file". Let me know if you have trouble with the photo and I will do my best to help.

While you are uploading. How long has the mass/lump been there?

Does Pumpking seem irritated by the lump? Scraching it?

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is it taking so long to get an answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I have requested that you post a picture of the lump and also asked you several questions concerning the lump. Did you not receive these?

I see you have requested a phone call consultation. I still won't be able to view a picture through the phone call service. You will still need to post a picture of the lump here through the chat. Are you able to do that?

-Dr. H

It seems you are having a hard time seeing my responses. I will open up the question to see if another expert is able to assist you further.

- Dr. H

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that you had trouble with the site earlier. As Dr. H requested, can you upload a photo(s) of this lump to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

The golden retriever breed is greatly overrepresented with cancers and so any lumps at Pumpkin's age must have cancer as an important differential diagnosis.