Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Ya few weeks back my cocker spaniel had a weird episode went

Customer Question

Hi ya few weeks back my cocker spaniel had a weird episode went limp and gums white and cold tests done came back inner ear infection very active he is until this morning came home foam from mouth and wet himself rushed to the vets were he is at moment on a drip waiting on news so want him better can u reassure me please
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It sounds like you have witnessed seizure activity each time that this has happened. Often we do not see abnormal changes on the blood work, so it may not be of any surprise if his blood work is still normal. If these episodes continue, your vet may wish to try some anticonvulsant therapy for him in the form of oral medication.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion?