Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East
95832735

My chihuahua yelps every once in a while when we pick her

Customer Question

My chihuahua yelps every once in a while when we pick her up. She is eating fine and following us around more than nirmal and will just lay in hallway. She will still jump but something is off
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Roxy and she's 10
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roxy?
Customer: She's spayed and has been in great health
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you today! I'm sorry to hear Roxy isn't herself. Is she limping at all, or does she seem unstable when she walks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She doesn't seem to be limping just moving slower than usual and not wanting to play. My hubby is thinking she could be constipated but she went this morning. She just yelps when you pick her up every once in a while and seems a little depressed or lethargic.
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 year ago.

Ok I understand. The symptoms you are describing don't really fit with constipation. It sounds like she may have injured her back. Back injuries can cause them to be lethargic and seem painful but hard to tell exactly where. I would suggest strict rest for right now, and potentially having her see her veterinarian in the morning to maybe be prescribed some pain medication and do a thorough exam.

Dr. Snow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome! Good luck, and please kindly rate me. :)