Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog tore open a bag of ant poison with .004% of

Customer Question
lambda-cyhalothrin but do not know...
Dog tore open a bag of ant poison with .004% of lambda-cyhalothrin but do not know if ingested any of it what to do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: No bag chewed and spilt on ground
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No 90 lb English bull dog
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/9/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 1 year ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director

I am preparing an answer now.

Well, the good news is that ant bait has very active ingredient and toxicity to pets. It's nothing like rat/mouse bait. So, we don't have to worry about issues like seizures or bleeding disorders. However, if enough was ingested, you would still need to monitor for any gastrointestinal distress. If ANY vomiting (even just once) or diarrhea is observed, I would recommend a vet visit immediately for supportive care. Otherwise, you should be in good shape.

Hope that information helps

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

I hope everything is going okay?
May I be of any further assistance?

Dr. Andy, Medical Director