Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

She jump out of the back sit on my car and started limping,

Customer Question

she jump out of the back sit on my car and started limping, but she will let me touch and rub it but she wont but it down to work on it she hold it in the air
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes i didt see anything and she let me rub her whole foot
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: diva 7
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about diva?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely, Diva only sprained a tendon or ligament with this jump. Give her aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs to decrease the inflammation that is causing her pain as long as she is eating. This will probably be all you need to do...keep Diva immobile as possible to allow this area to heal. If she will still not put the foot down by tomorrow, take her to your vet for an exam.

Most cases such as this are merely sprains and will resolve on their own.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she is letting me rub her foot at the bottom some, but she can climb up the stairs she just holf the back foot up when walking
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry i meant to say she cannot walk up the steps
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you still here

That is ok....we do not want her to walk upstairs...try to keep her immobile and carry Diva in and outside. This will help this heal along with the aspirin. If she is not significantly improved by morning, have your vet examine her to eb safe.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thanks

You are very welcome!! I hope sweet Diva feels better soon! This kind of thing happens all the time and most are minor sprains that will resolve quickly.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I put the asprin in some water and give it to her in a dropper is that okay

That is perfect...good job!! This will really help. Please pet me know how she is later today...thanks!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok

You got it now...heres hoping Diva feels better.