Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a six yr old pomerainian. he has a swollen belly and

Customer Question
is in pain when i...
i have a six yr old pomerainian. he has a swollen belly and is in pain when i pick him up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Zuma
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zuma?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/4/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Does his belly feel hard, firm, or fluidy?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian