Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Is shaking and hot, Snoopy he's close to one year, no

Customer Question
is shaking and hot JA: I'm...
is shaking and hot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Snoopy he's close to one year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Snoopy?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he shaking like if he was cold?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Is he lethargic?

4- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

5- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since this morning
I don't know what that means
No
Don't know I don't think so

Lethargic means without energy, is he?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He moves very little
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Want to be asleep all the time

1- Is he walking any different?

2- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

3- Can you take his rectal temperature?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No he just want to be laying down
They are pink one side and pale on the other
I don't have a thermometer

Thank you for answering my questions. Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer.

I am sorry Snoopy is not feeling well; I am sure you are worried. I will try to shed some light of what may be going on. When we see a young dog like Snoopy without energy and shaking this can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination. But, common causes are a fever, an infection, ingestion of a foreign body, pain secondary to neuromuscular disorders or abdominal pain. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home, I am sorry. Treatment for Snoopy will be based on knowing what is the underlying cause. In order to determine the exact underlying cause Snoopy will need a hands-on examination by a veterinarian. In addition, he may need some testing like blood work and x-rays. Treatment will be determined by exam and test results. I would strongly recommend having him checked today by a veterinarian. Do not give over the counter pain medication as this can make certain conditions worse and most of the over the counter pain medication are toxic to dogs. I realize that this answer may not be to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. If cost is a concern I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian