Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our dog is a husky, he is 10 to 11 years old, we noticed he

Customer Question
was not feeling well, and...
our dog is a husky, he is 10 to 11 years old, we noticed he was not feeling well, and took him to the vet, he had some difficulty walking his two back legs were kind of stift, and had problems going for a walk. he also lost his appetite, and lost a lot of weight. the vet ran some tests, but said he was ok, that it was some thyroid disbalanced. that was two weeks ago, now we had to take him again, Saturday, and they ran some more tests, and took him back sunday, he is there with iv's he is not eating can not stand up, his white blood cells are at 30,000 and his encynes are at 2. do you believe this is liver related?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no, he has nothing on his foot.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: prince
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about prince?
Customer: he changed his behavior a little, he used to be in one side of the house and when to the other side were no one is.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you please attach copies of the blood work that was run?
2) How is your companion feeling today?
3) What medication is he on now?
4) Is he back at home yet?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian