Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Discharge,vet says tear ducts are clogged.wants him to see a

Customer Question
green discharge,vet says tear ducts...
green discharge,vet says tear ducts are clogged.wants him to see a eye specialist
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Hurley 5yrs Black Lab
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hurley?
Customer: He seems to have less peripheral vision
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Hurley's condition. Your vet could be right about the clogged tear ducts but this could also be an eye or conjunctival infection since the discharge is greenish. For now, use Artificial Tears, available at the pharmacy over the counter as Bausch and Lomb, every 4 hrs. This will flush out any irritants and bacteria that may be causing this. It is better if your vet checked Hurley's eyes with a flourescien stain to rule out a corneal ulcer and then placed him on an anti bacterial eye ointment before having to see the specialist. This may solve the problem. Perhaps, get a second opinion.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It seems logical

Good for you....lets see how Hurley does first before going to a specialist.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian