Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Ate some raw cannabis. not a lot but he's a 5 1/2 to 6 pound

Customer Question
chihuahua. Gave 5ml of 3%...
Ate some raw cannabis. not a lot but he's a 5 1/2 to 6 pound chihuahua. Gave 5ml of 3% peroxide but no vomiting. Gave ~500mg activated charcoal 1/2 hr after peroxide. He's eaten cooked before but not raw.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the chihuahua will be able to digest that. What is the chihuahua's name?
Customer: Pete
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pete?
Customer: nope. he's done it before but i didn't discover until symptoms.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Welsh,
 replied 1 year ago
Jennifer Welsh

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that you and your pup are dealing with this. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

how long ago did he eat this?

do you know how much was eaten?

how is he acting now?

any current meds or illness?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian