Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We got our puppy not even two weeks ago from the breeder. He

Customer Question
was on two antibiotics for...
we got our puppy not even two weeks ago from the breeder. He was on two antibiotics for what they told us was an intestinal infection with little worms. He went through his ten days of pills never missing a day. During this time his poops were never former normal poops but more diarrhea like. He's been active and happy the entire time eating regular and always wanting to eat more. I am concerned now though because his pills have been over for a few days now and I think his diahrea has gotten worse. It stinks like no end but I can't say for sure if it's a metal or copper smell to it. I have not seen blood in his stool until tonight and even then it was only like one or two tiny droplets at the most. He's only 8-9 weeks old. Never heard of parvovirus till now and I am super duper concerned now. But also in the two weeks we've had him he has travelled with us to visit my brother in another Provence met our dog at home and my brothers dog now too so could be stress from that. He also changed food from the breeders brand of cheep puppy food to a better quality food maybe from that. I am so scared and don't know when to bring my little guy to a vet. What on earth should I do? Please help :(
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will add that his poops have always smelt really bad and I don't think, think, the odour has changed but can't be 100% on that cuz the smell of regular poop makes me gag and I try not to go around smelling poop
9/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It is time to go see your vet to have an intestinal parasite screening performed to be sure that he doesn't have anything and they can also check for parvo at that time since you're seeing blood. We would also want to be sure that he does not have roundworms, hookworms, coccidia, giardia, etc.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian