Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog wheezes when he's laying down and he coughs a lot

Customer Question
throughout the day JA: I'm sorry...
My dog wheezes when he's laying down and he coughs a lot throughout the day
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He's name is ***** ***** he's old, around 14-15 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about name?
Customer: No, he is a mixed breed though. Shih tzu and maltese mix
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

How long has this been going on?

When was the last time your dog saw a vet, and did they mention any issues such as a heart murmur?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian