Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our cockapoo is 7 years. She just stopped eating and is

Customer Question
drinking a lot of water...
Our cockapoo is 7 years. She just stopped eating and is drinking a lot of water. We took her to a vet and had X-rays done of her alimentary system, hematology-biochemistry 12 teste-electrolytes-12 tests, snap CPL or FPL, pancreatitis snap test. Kidneys and liver were fine. She does not have a high temperature. No vomiting and had slight diarrhoea. She was given Cerenia and Buprenorphine. as she had a lot of tummy pain. This has since subsided but she still is not eating but drinking a lot of water. Took her back to vet yesterday and they prescribed Cerenia 24mg and Metronidazole 250 mg. We couldn't eget her to take them so dissolved in her water. Help!!!!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we were aware of.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Moca
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Moca?
Customer: We made them aware of everything we knew or saw in her activities.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Have liquid foods been tried for Moca?
2) Are you familiar with how to pill a dog?
3) Has she consumed the metronidazole and cerenia in her water?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please cease your efforts as I am back at my vet with my dog. Thank you very much.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian