Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog has become ill. She won't way and vomit is sometimes

Customer Question
Hi my dog has become...
Hi my dog has become ill. She won't way and vomit is sometimes yellow and sometimes clear and frothy.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know of. I've been trying to keep her fluids up. But not long after she drinks she vomits again
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is only a puppy and is 10 weeks old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Versace'
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Versace?
Customer: She is Mastiff x Sharpei
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear about Versace's illness. As a puppy, there are many things that can be making her vomit and among them are either an infection (viral, bacterial, parasitic) or a foreign body obstruction caused by eating an object that has become stuck in her intestines.

Given her age and that these things can be life threatening, I recommend taking her in to be examined by your veterinarian. If you do not have a veterinarian for her yet, I recommend finding the hearest 24 hours facility and taking her there to be assessed and treated appropriately.

In the meantime, I recommend withholding food and water as this can be making her vomit more. If she had not vomited in 4-6 hours and you would like to continue treating her at home you can feed her a bland diet consisting of a single lean protein source (chicken, beef, low fat cottage cheese) and a single carbohydrate source (plain pasta, white rice, etc) and see if this helps. However if the begins vomiting again after eating it or if she is not eating it when you offer it to her, she definitely needs to be examined by a veterinarian.

Does this help to answer your questions tonight?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you very much

I am glad I can be of assistance, if you have additional questions regarding this issue with your puppy, please let me know. If you are satisfied with the information that I have given you and I have answered your question, please rate me so that the website will be able to credit me for my time as this is the only way that I can be compensated.

Very Sincerely,

Dr. Elli

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian