Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has not ate in 24 hours. Drank just a little. Has

Customer Question
vomited 3 times and small...
Dog has not ate in 24 hours. Drank just a little. Has vomited 3 times and small solid stool. She can not stand up now. No blood though
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lindsay. She is 10 years old. Her stomach seems bloated. I gave her a pepcid ac, but it seems like she is getting worse.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lindsay?
Customer: She has had no issues in the past. Very healthy. This is sudden She did eat her food fast and has been stressed
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I wait before I take her iname or should I take her now
9/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry that no one has gotten to your question yet. Are you still online?

Just in case you come back online here, with the limited information I have, I would recommend taking your dog into the emergency vet now.

In any dog with an abdomen that is enlarging and the dog is becoming weak/unable to stand I would consider an emergency situation. There are numerous things that can cause enlargement of the abdomen. These could include bloat (where the stomach fills with gas and twists on itself), bleeding into the abdomen from a tumor, fluid build up in the abdomen as a result of cardiac disease or liver disease or another disease causing low protein levels in the body. All of these situations could become an emergency if your dog is worsening, so urgent care would be recommended.

Jess K
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian