Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our dog is wheezing and has had decreased appetite for

Customer Question
Hi - our dog is...
Hi - our dog is wheezing and has had decreased appetite for sometime. She just came up the steps and started wheezing heavily. We are trying to decide if we should go to the emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sammy, Age 12
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sammy?
Customer: She is not herself, not wagging her tail, not playful or trying to engage with us like she normally would. Seems depressed and lethargic
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your answer now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes

Hello again

Sorry to hear Sammy is unwell, however I have very quickly worked out an answer for you below.

1. I have to say under these circumstances your best plan is to get Sammy to an ER vet without delay, I have seen many dogs present like this where the final diagnosis was congestive cardiac failure, but of course other diagnosis are possible.

2. The first thing your vet will do is to try and determine a a diagnosis and you can take it from there, but if caught early enough there are drugs available which could greatly ease Sammy's condition even if you are dealing with heart disease.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Sammy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his respiratory tract problems ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian