Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My beagle dog was walking outside with my grandson and she

Customer Question

My beagle dog was walking outside with my grandson and she ate a dried pollywog seed from a tree
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

I assume you mean the seeds that spin down from the maple trees.

These are not dangerous to a dog and will likely pass through the system just fine.

As long as the dog is acting fine, had no problem with eating or drinking upon her return there is no cause for alarm. If you want to push it through a bit faster you can add some pure canned pumpkin (2 teaspoons) to the diet today and tomorrow.