Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East
95832735

I have a pet named diamond (dog) and I was just tole that

Customer Question

I have a pet named diamond (dog) and I was just tole that she may have liver cancer..devastated does not begin to describe how I feel.....I love her soooo very much and stand the thought of losing her....is there a way to treat her holistically to lead her to a possible cure?.... she is not eating right now and has not really eaten much of anything over the last couple of weeks... what can I do to make her eat?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if diamond will be able to digest that. How old is diamond?
Customer: she is 15....and while I know everyone says "well... she is 15 "...I understand that she is old....!!!! but if you have a relative that is old...would you simple say..."oh well they are old just let them die"....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about diamond?
Customer: she is one of the sweetest dogs ever... I've had her for 15 years and she has NEVER bitten anyone...she has been treated like a princess and has been well taken care of....
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 12 months ago.

My name is***** and I can try and help you. I'm so very sorry to hear about Diamond - its so awful when our pets get sick! It sounds like she has been quite a pampered pooch!

It is not a good sign that she is not wanting to eat. You can try to entice her to eat by using warmed up chicken baby food, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, boiled hamburger or boiled chicken and rice.

I'm not sure there are any holistic treatments that are going to cure her at this point, especially if she has cancer, but there are some supplements that can be used for liver disease in dogs.

Vitamin E - 200-400 units once daily

SAM-e This is dosed on weight.

Turmeric- I like a product called CurcuVet - here is the link https://www.thorne.com/products/detox-support

Good luck with Diamond, and let me know if I can help further!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you for your comments....

If you are satisfied with my response, please kindly rate me :)

Good luck with Diamond!