Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dog can't stop sneezing and seems to be not herself now and

Customer Question

Dog can't stop sneezing and seems to be not herself now and now sleeping
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Seemed like she was having a seizure. 14 year old with her doesn't know what to do
Expert:  Krista Kline replied 10 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Kline and I am a small animal veterinarian. What's going on with Zarah today? How long has she been sneezing? Any coughing? Any vomiting or diarrhea? Was Zarah outside prior to the sneezing? Any discharge from the nose or any blood seen from the nose?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't think any other symptoms and she spends pilots of time outside
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's been happening for 20
Min and now she is sleepong

Thank you for the extra information. Until 20 minutes ago Zarah was totally normal correct? Why do you feel she seemed like she was having a seizure? Could you describe what your 14 year old saw?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she was normal. Zarah just started sneezing and couldn't stop. Foaming at mouth too. Laying down. Closing eyes. Now seemed to have passed out. She thinks dog is dying..
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am taking off on flight. She might take over this chat.

Is there any way someone could get to her to take the dog to the veterinarian? That is very concerning and I worry that the dog may have gotten into something in the yard or have something stuck in a airway or in her nose. Is she breathing?

Can your daughter lift her lip and look at her gum color? It should be pink. White or bright red is not good. Is Zarah alert? Will she respond when talking to her? I highly recommend getting her to an emergency veterinarian as soon as possible. What you are describing could be life threatening and the sooner she gets to a veterinarian for treatment the better the outcome.

I am very concerned about Zarah. Has your daughter checked her mouth to see if there is anything stuck in her mouth? Zarah needs medical attention sooner than later from what you are describing. Unfortunately, I have to opt out of the this question at this time. I am not going to be available the rest of the evening. I am very sorry. I really hope Zarah is ok and gets the medical attention she needs.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, JACustomer. Dr. Kline had to leave for the evening but I am happy to help. Can you followup with additional information from the questions Dr. Kline had mentioned above. Do you also have video of what she's doing that you can share?