Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He is an 11 yr old black lab/border collie mix. 90 lbs. He

Customer Question

He is an 11 yr old black lab/border collie mix. 90 lbs. He has a cauliflower wart right between his eyes. not cancer. had it checked but cant' remove it surgically due to age and weight. It bothers him . Ive been giving him L-lysine 500mg. It has shrunk but isnt going away. How can I get rid of it.? He rubs it until is bleeds. My husband want to cut it off but I wont let him near it. Help Please!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the Border collie bleeding a lot?
Customer: Not all of the time, but it does bother him so he tries to scratch it off . It's bloody or scabby on a daily basis. He has other skin tags but this one is different. It is a wart. about the size of a skittle candy. maybe a little smaller
JA: What is the Border collie's name?
Customer: it doesn't stream blood or anything like that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Border collie?
Customer: His is old and chubby. Sore joint but in good health. we are trying to help him lose weight.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
should I increase his dosage of L-Lysine? will too much make him sick?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hellooooo Anybody out there?
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Do you have clear photographs to show what you're seeing?
2) Has an e-collar been used yet?
3) Have you obtained a 2nd opinion on removal? (I ask because seldom will any vet avoid removal regardless of a dog's age if something is bothering them and causing self-trauma because of it)
4) Are any topical meds used on this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
His Name is Mackey

2) Has an e-collar been used yet?
4) Are any topical meds used on this?