Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is not acting like herself. She very slow and

Customer Question
lathargic. She doesn't want to...
My dog is not acting like herself. She very slow and lathargic. She doesn't want to go outside or come to us
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/21/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I have picked up your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience in treating cats and dogs and smaller pets, rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect to receive a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Ashley,

Sorry to hear Molly is unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Having read your question through I have to say that what you should do if these symptoms continue is to have a vet check your dog over sooner rather than later. The reason I say this is that while the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet the fact that she has suddenly become lethargic and slow makes me think that it is possible that Molly is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be the commonest cause of what you are seeing in her age group { - 1 } although of course other diagnosis are also possible.

2. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is needed if she is indeed running a temperature. In the meantime until you can get Molly to a vet all you can do is to keep her comfortable and reassured and make sure she is getting fluids regularly.

3. In any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if her condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

I am sorry I cannot safely give you any more specific advice via the internet.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Ashley,

I am just checking back in to see how Molly is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her sudden lethargy ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hi Ashley,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Molly. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian