Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has had shar pei fever before and he has come and sat next to me shivering and scratching at me he was also sick

Customer Question
He has had shar pei...
He has had shar pei fever before and he has come and sat next to me shivering and scratching at me he was also sick last nite and refusing to eat but when he had it before he was very in himself n wanted to be left alone n is now crying and barking at me and his breathing is really heavy what should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buddy and 2 and half
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: He is still wagging his tail and moving around which he didn't when he last had shar peo fever
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Please obtain a rectal temperature and let me know what the reading says.
2) When you say he was sick, did he vomit? Have diarrhea?
3) How many respirations per minute are you seeing?
4) Is he on any medication at this time?
5) Has he had a bout of sharpei fever in the past? If so, when was blood work last run?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian