Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog seems to have a inner ear probably? How do you treat

Customer Question
My dog seems to have...
My dog seems to have a inner ear probably? How do you treat this in dogs
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, if we have inner ear disease, treatment does depend on what is present. If a dog has an inner ear infection, then often oral/systemic antibiotics are used to clear it. If it is severe, sometimes we need to sedate those dogs to sample the pus in the inner ear for culture/sensitivity to tell us what bacteria is present and what drugs it is vulnerable to. That said, we can also see inner ear troubles from polyps and in older dogs we can see tumors in this are. In regards ***** ***** surgery is sometimes possible but of course depends on how severe the mass is and whether it is a benign mass (where removal is curative) or a nasty cancer. Still in those cases, we can sometimes used dog safe anti-inflammatories to at least shrink any cancers and keep the affected dog comfortable.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian