Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog seems to have a inner ear probably? How do you treat

Customer Question

My dog seems to have a inner ear probably? How do you treat this in dogs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, if we have inner ear disease, treatment does depend on what is present. If a dog has an inner ear infection, then often oral/systemic antibiotics are used to clear it. If it is severe, sometimes we need to sedate those dogs to sample the pus in the inner ear for culture/sensitivity to tell us what bacteria is present and what drugs it is vulnerable to. That said, we can also see inner ear troubles from polyps and in older dogs we can see tumors in this are. In regards ***** ***** surgery is sometimes possible but of course depends on how severe the mass is and whether it is a benign mass (where removal is curative) or a nasty cancer. Still in those cases, we can sometimes used dog safe anti-inflammatories to at least shrink any cancers and keep the affected dog comfortable.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.