Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Hallo, my dog has already weight matter. No cushing, No

Customer Question
Hallo, my dog has already weight...

Hallo,

my dog has already weight matter. No cushing, No diabete, No tyroide problem, No worm neither other parasites. Already use all veterinary food for weight problem with no results. I try also biorisonanze so I give her only Fish also without result.

My dog walk like on the egg, so my vet think that perhaps has pain. So I try also Lesmania test with no result.

Yet I note that almost every evening when Ombra is very quiet not after a walk the skin become very red-violet also in the mouth and in the eyes. During the day the skin color is normal, attached photo.

Please have you other ideas. I've a lot of fear for Ombra that she will die too soon. Thanks a lot and regards

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand you are having a hard time getting Ombra to lose weight. You also have had her thyroid checked and it was normal.

A lot of people have trouble getting their pets weight managed. I must ask what food is she currently eating and how much a day?

Also do you mean she seems like she is in pain when she walks?

- Dr. H

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

Also what is her current weight and how much does your vet say she should weigh?

I thought I just saw your remarks on this, but they seem to have disappeared in your message.

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello are you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yes I am here. Now is 36kg and my vet say 25kg

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok. did you get my other two questions?

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

Asking you what brand of food is she eating now? How much?

Also does she seem to be in pain when she walks?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Now is heating barf raw diet 350gr day and yes seems during walking she has pain, but she play and run normally for a while. After on about 10 minutes she lay down for a sleep

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok according to her recommended weight, she should be getting around 1120 kcal per day. That is her resting energy requirements. You can look on the barf diet food label to see how many kcal she is currently getting and adjust as needed.

Also if she is having a hard time walking and staying active, then she may need to be placed on joint supplements. I highly recommend the Dasuquin joint supplements because they contain the 3 active ingredients that show the best results with pets mobility, as far as over the counter products go. You can find Dasuquin readily online at Amazon.com.

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

And finally. I would recommend perhaps considering getting her on the latest weight loss food called Hill's Science Diet Metabolic Diet. This diet is different than the Royal Canin diet (I assume you tried the low calorie one), in that is helps the pet metabolize the food better and has a 90% success rate in getting pets to lose weight within 2 months of starting the food. Ask you vet about this brand and see if he/she will write you a prescription for it. I highly recommend it.

- Dr. H

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

http://www.hwp.hillsvet.com/?_ga=1.267306126.1846242405.1473882121 <-- here is a link to measurements you can take on Ombra to get a more accurate weight assessment and customized weight loss plan by using the food Hill's Metabolic

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

They also carry a food now that treats both obesity and arthritis. It is an all in one food, because often times weight gain affects the joints. Here is a link for more information http://www.hillspet.com/en/us/products/pd-canine-metabolic-plus-mobility-dry

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have any questions so far about my recommendations?

Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago

* If you have no further questions, then please don't forget to leave me a rating for my services today. Thank you so much for your feedback*

Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet