Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an older Boston female, over the last 3 or 4 weeks

Customer Question
her stomach looks like she...
I have an older Boston female, over the last 3 or 4 weeks her stomach looks like she is 6 months pregnant, back legs are puff, labored breathing . No appetite, heart pounding
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/12/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Heidi. You appear to be describing an elderly Boston suffering from right-sided congestive heart failure. Her abdomen is effusive - full of fluid - and her hind legs are full of edema - fluid in the subcutaneous tissues. I'm afraid that Heidi is trouble and needs the attention of her vet at your earliest convenience. A diuretic, blood pressure reducer, and heart drug(s) can be very helpful in these patients. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** see our vet today. I should just owe $14.00 , right?

I'm pleased to hear that she'll be attended to shortly. I regret that I'm not privy to your financial obligation to the site. I'm only allowed to tell you that I receive a portion of your deposit if you rate positively. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Hi Ima,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Heidi. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian