Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I can 't to get rid these black baby ant off my dog bodies

Customer Question
I can 't to...
I can 't to get rid these black baby ant off my dog bodies and hair.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Diamond 3 yr old Lovely is 8 yr old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Diamond?
Customer: Well I Know They have their shots in 2 yr because of money but other they find and healthy
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/11/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name is***** will try to help.

It sounds like they have flea issues. Are thy tiny fleas or ants?

It sounds like a flea issue to me.

So they are going to keep coming back until you use a prevention medication.

You may have to treat the environment as well.

I had a flea infestation in my house last month so I will tell you what finally worked for me.

1. Seresto collar- you can buy it online at places like amazon.com and online pet stores. You do not need a prescription.

2. Boric acid or "flea busters" which you can also buy online

I had to take a flea comb and comb the fleas off them every night. It was not fun.

3. I had the best luck with "Bravecto" tablets. Once I gave the bravecto tablet all the fleas died and I have not had to do anything else.

4. You can try Advantage drops, Frontline drops, or Capstar tablets but those did not work for me. I know they say veterinary receommended but just being honest that they did not work on my own dogs.

Flea shampoos and flea dips are a waste of time. The reason being is they only kill the fleas that are on the dog while the dog is in the tub.

As soon as the dog dries off the fleas jump back on.

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian