Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Boxer with allergies or fungal issues... the vet treated him

Customer Question
for a skin infection and...
Boxer with allergies or fungal issues... the vet treated him for a skin infection and then after it was better, put him on 3 zyrtec a day... doesn't seem to help much
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Just got him 3-4 weeks ago... Ranger is about 14 months, neutered male
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ranger
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ranger?
Customer: He takes drops for his eyes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nevermind calling... we can type
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the dog was tested for demodec mange and the antibiotics cleared him up in the beginning
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he is treated for fleas and ticks monthly
9/8/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are you seeing any abnormalities in the skin? Rash? Swelling?
2) Have any other medications helped?
3) What food is being fed currently?
4) Is he itching? If so, where?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian