Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My who is about 8 years old, is shaking uncontrollably and

Customer Question
my ***** ***** who is...
my ***** ***** who is about 8 years old, is shaking uncontrollably and panting but dry dry dry. He will not drink, his body is hard as a rock. He looks around with crazy eyes. This started about 8 pm tonight. This dog sleeps with us every night of his life and tonight he was outside in the shed under a table at 10pm. He will let us pick him up but is not crying or making any kind of noise. This is a ball chasing little sucker! but right now I am convinced he isn't gonna make it till morning. Any idea what could be wrong with my dog?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Nellie. I need to ask some questions about this situation. What specific type of hand lotion was this? Was it a medicated one? Does she have a more sensitive stomach?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My dogs name is***** no lotion was involved. His tongue is hanging out his mouth a mile and is very dry. He will not drink water or eat anything. His stomach is very hard, his whole little body is shaking uncontrollably

I'm very sorry about my initial response, that was intended for another question. Somehow the responses got crossed. The shaking that he's doing at this time, is it full body? Can he interact with you in a recognizable manner? Could he have gotten into any medications or chemicals? Do you have a pet ER facility in the area?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
full body, he will come and sit by me but doesn't want my husband at all. He will come when I sit and coax him to me he will stay by me for a while. We can't think of any medication or chemicals he could of gotten into. We have doggie doors on the house and garage so our doge come and go as they please. Our other dog is fine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We do not have access to 24 hour vet, due to small town and country.

I'm very sorry I have to opt out at this time. I've had a couple critical cases come in at my ER and I have to attend to them.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian