Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital
94509965

My dog is very sick and her recovery is not good she has a

Customer Question

my dog is very sick and her recovery is not good she has a pacemaker and the vet suggested she be put down is there a problem with the pacemaker
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. KV. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question right now and will respond to you in just a moment...

I am sorry to hear your dog is doing poorly. Typically, pacemakers do not fail, and they can be replaced if they are not working properly. It may be that your dog has other health issues that are causing your vet to suggest putting her down. Do you feel like she is suffering?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Katie Volat