Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog vomited a month ago. He was fine for a month and then

Customer Question
My dog vomited a month...
My dog vomited a month ago. He was fine for a month and then vomited again last Thursday. We took him to our vet, who felt it was kibble that was not dissolving in his stomach and we should add some water and let it sit to soften before feeding. We tried that, and it didn't dissolve, but was still hard like a rock. Then he vomited this morning- again some undissolved kibble and a lot of mucus. This time he vomited three times. He is drinking water, and is not de-hydrated and wants to eat. I brought up mega esophagus to my vet and he said no, he didn't have it because dogs vomit much more frequently with it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dr. Andy helped me last time three years ago. He is a graduate of UC Davis. It says he is still there. Is he available to ask my question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it's faster to get a response by email, that's fine. It's already been 35 minutes and I'm waiting for a reply. I really need to talk to Dr. Andy.Carol Fox
9/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello Carol, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

If you would like my help, can you tell me:

Have his vomits been forceful when he brings up the food? Or is it quite passive without any retching or warning?

What is he bringing up in his vomit?

Any changes to his drinking?

What tests and treatments has his vet tried?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

What did the diarrhea look like?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian