Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Would a dog stop eating for a couple of days duribg tge heat

Customer Question
and humidity even though she...
Would a dog stop eating for a couple of days duribg tge heat and humidity even though she is in an air conditioned house. she goes out for walks only.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.

On a hot, humid day a dog can have a slightly decreased appetite, but I wouldn't expect them to not eat at all. And if they are offered something special, like a treat, they should eat it readily. So if your dog has stopped eating completely and especially if she will not even take treats then something else is going on. If you can give me some more information (age, breed, other symptoms) I might be able to help more.

Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian