Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog's body is limp, There's nothing wrong with her feet her entire body is limp and I can't wake her, Divina and she'll

Customer Question
Her body is limp JA: I'm...
Her body is limp
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There's nothing wrong with her feet her entire body is limp and I can't wake her
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Divina and she'll be 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Divina?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is she alert and responsive?

3- Did she get into anything?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This started last night I took her to the hospital but when we got there she started acting like her normal active self her vitals were good, but now she's sleeping and I can't wake her and I don't believe she got into anything

1- She has been like this since last night?

2- Is she breathing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she is breathing

1- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pink

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, I am a bit concern of her being limp, I am sure you are too. In a puppy, common causes are: hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), toxicity, etc. Less likely this could be a sign of heart disease, neuromuscular disorders, etc. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home. I would recommend you rub 1 teaspoon of honey, karo syrup or pancake syrup directly into her mouth. I would strongly recommend taking her to nearest ER veterinarian for a hands on examination. Not much I can recommend for you to try at home that home, I am sorry. I realize that this answer may not be to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian