Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dashund is breathing rapidly - trying to retch - frequent

Customer Question
Hi there,Dashund is breathing rapidly...
Hi there,Dashund is breathing rapidly - trying to retch - frequent licking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Daschund - breathing rapidly (60 per minute) occasional retching, licking a lot, off his food.
JA: How old is Daschund?
Customer: 14 today!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daschund?
Customer: has a very slight heart murmur
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you give me an update how he is doing?

2- Any vomiting?

3- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian