Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My dog has chronic pancreatitis and has been eating poorly

Customer Question

my dog has chronic pancreatitis and has been eating poorly due to company over lately. he is now coughing repeatedly and throwing up this foamy stuff. I read on the internet about it and it says it could be pancreatitis. is this serious?? he is doing it constantly. kathy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did kathy eat anything unusual?
Customer: sorry, his name is phantom. my name is Kathy. his is doing it constantly. like pizza he ate the other day. someone let him licked their leftover spaghetti. things like that
JA: How old is phantom?
Customer: 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about phantom?
Customer: the vet told me a while back when he was a puppy that he had chronic pancreatitis. they said nothing to eat but this special food from the vet. it cost 90$ a bag. I had him on it for a while but like a year ago switched to nutrisource chicken and pea formula cause I couldn't afford their foot anymore.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear phantom is not doing well.

Given his history of chronic pancreatitis, I would suspect he is having another flare up.

If he got any people food or things besides his dog food, this is likely the case.

unfortunately, if he is this clinical (vomiting), he likely needs to be hospitalized. I am worried about the coughing: this could be aspiration pneumonia from vomiting.

I would highly recommend taking him to a vet tonight. Pneumonia and pancreatitis can progress very quickly and it is best to get aggressive as soon as possible with treatment to avoid things getting too bad and to keep the bills down as well.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

Please feel free to reply back at any time if you need any further information. I will stand by and await your response.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello again.

I noticed you have not accepted or rated this conversation yet and I wanted to see if there was anything else I could help you with.

Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish both the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. G.