Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog threw up and it looks like salsa. He is lethargic,

Customer Question

My dog threw up and it looks like salsa. He is lethargic
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: He's 12
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry to hear that your dog is vomiting and is lethargic. I am very concerned by your description of the vomit material and would strongly urge a veterinary er visit. The vomiting sounds like he has stomach ulcerations and if they continue to ulcerate and progress it can lead to a stomach perforation. This is not something I would advise treating at home and with his age and symptoms would not wait until the weekend is over to see your regular veterinarian.

Please consider a veterinary er if there is one in your area or contact your regular vet which will have "what to do in case of emergency" on their voice mail.

Please let me know how else I can assist you both but this is considered an emergency for your senior friend

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. I hope you were able to get him to the veterinary clinic. I would love an update when you are able.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!