Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 85 lb put just got into wife's dresser and swallowed a

Customer Question
my 85 lb put bull...
my 85 lb put bull just got into wife's dresser and swallowed a viibryd 40mg tablet. will she be ok?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she's about 7 or 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about abbey?
Customer: she's a healthy vibrant active happy but unfortunately curious and constantly snack seeking dog
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello again, Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since she took the tablet?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Friend, Viibryd is not a medication used in dogs, it can cause symptoms like: Vomiting, fast heart rate, tremors, seizures, diarrhea, etc. I would recommend you try to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide 3% if she took the tablet within the last 2 hours. If you see the tablet in the vomit then this will not be a problem. If you do not have hydrogen peroxide or she does not vomit I would take her to the nearest ER veterinarian, they can induce vomiting and begin supportive care.

To induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide 3% this is what you do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian