Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She threw up 2 times tonight, but it is more like snot than

Customer Question

She threw up 2 times tonight, but it is more like snot than foam.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No..I have been giving her boiled chicken, because she didn't feel good a few days ago, and she ate it right down . She has a good apatite and her bowls seem normal. I changed her dry food about 1 month ago to "Blue
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sassy. She is almost 6 years old, weighs 6 lbs, and is a peek a poo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sassy?
Customer: Not that I am aware of.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help you and Sassy. A few questions to better assess the situation.

1. When she didn't feel good a few days ago, what was happening? Did you see your vet at that time?

2. When was her last fecal sample at the vet?

3. Does she seem painful in the belly?

4. Any missing toys or new plants she could have nibbled on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope you received my reply because my internet stopped working about the time I sent it. Sorry, just let me know if you didn't get get my reply. Thank-you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I send my question in late last night, and I still have not received a response?? My dog Sassy a peek a poo, 6 lbs, and almost 6 years old threw up two times last night. Her supper was in it which consisted of boiled chicken breast. It also had a slimmy , snot like appearance to it... Around a week ago she did the same thing and her stomach sounded really loud and growly . It was after that a week ago, I started her on the chicken breast.. I did change her dry food about a month ago to the brand "Blue". which she picks through... Is it possible she may have drainage, and this could be the appearance of the vomit? Should I take her new dry food away? Thank you.