Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He just wassneaking away from our property to dy. When he

Customer Question
Hello He just wassneaking away...
Hello He just wassneaking away from our property to dy. When he came back he was walking, and he was also eating his food to night. But he is very apathetic and just laying down and it looks like he has a wet penis and it is dripping a little bit of urine all the time.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I am concerned because the dripping and that he is so apathetic.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: He is a 3 year old shepperd mix and he is in a very good shape.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/23/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog is so lethargic tonight.

When did he sneak away from your house? How long was he gone? Has he ever dripped urine from his penis before tonight? Could he have gotten into something, like marijuana, human pain medications, human mental health medications for anxiety, depression, etc? Has he ever had any other health problems before tonight? Any chance he was injured in some way, hit-by-car, fighting, kicked by a horse or cow, etc? Any labored breathing?

What color are his gums? They should be a medium pink. Can you take his temperature?

Please let me know the answers to these questions so I can help you and your dog tonight.

How is your dog tonight? Did he get his energy back? Any more dripping urine?

Dr. Amanda

Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian