DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I am dog sitting my aunts colly and she is on amantadine hcl

Customer Question

HI i am dog sitting my aunts colly and she is on amantadine hcl 100mg x 7.0 1 a day for 7 days over the last few days she has had very loose bowels and is now red sore at her back end! Shes approx 14 years old do i need a vet tonight or can this wait till morning when her vets is open?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 12 months ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. If the collie is eating and drinking ok and not acting depressed....then you can wait til morning. If the dog becomes depressed- unwilling to move around or get up....or will not eat or drink water, then you need to go in immediately. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 12 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ