Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My pit lab mix was digging in the yard he came up to the

Customer Question
my pit lab mix was...
my pit lab mix was digging in the yard he came up to the deck stinking very bad and foaming at the mouth. he is now acting fine but his breath is awful.
do you have any clue what happened
jon
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/22/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

From the description you have give of the what the dog smelled and the the foaming. It sounds like your dog dug up some animal excrement like cat stool or another animal. It is also possible there were some Reptile eggs in there that did not hatch that had gone bad and you dog tried to eat them. I would monitor Caesar for any vomiting, Diarrhea or stomach issues for the next 24-48 hours to be sure he has no after effects or toxicity. This is typical of dogs to look for stinky items and try and eat them or roll in them. Please hit reply for any clarification. My goal is to give you accuarate information and excellent service. I strive to earn a 5 star rating.

Joan

Hi Jon,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Caesar. How is everything going?

Jav917
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech