Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My female jack Russells' stomach is hard in upper abdomen

Customer Question

My female ***** *****s' stomach is hard in upper abdomen and she is trembling and panting I started putting a hot water bottle on her tummy to try to help the pain and she is getting up but not a lot I am not sure she has had a bowel movement since this morning I'm wondering what could be going on I know she isn't pregnant
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been way over ten minutes my dog is in pain is there anything I can do to help her
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am Dr. Snow, and I can try to help! Is Calamity Jane spayed? The warm water bottle is a good idea. Unfortunately, there can be a lot going on with these types of symptoms. She could have eaten something unusual causing some discomfort in her stomach, or a pancreatitis. Is she having any vomiting? If she hasn't had a bowel movement, sometimes it can help to get them up and walk them around a bit to get things moving.

Dr. Snow

Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 year ago.

How is Calamity Jane doing?