Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My beagle was bitten in right jaw over the weekend and

Customer Question
tonight his jaw became very...
my beagle was bitten in right jaw over the weekend and tonight his jaw became very swollen and he feels bad.Is there anything i can do tonight before taking him to vet tomorrow?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Sarah, you can provide Eli with pain relief by dosing him with aspirin at a dose of 10 mg/lb with food and repeated in 12 hour intervals or acetaminophen dosed at 7 mg thrice daily. You must avoid the toxic ibuprofen and naproxen. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Hi Sarah,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Eli. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian