Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My puppy fell down one step two nights ago, he came with a

Customer Question
hello, my puppy fell down...
hello, my puppy fell down one step two nights ago, he came with a limp, yesterday still limping, and today still limping. I inspected the leg, doesnt seem to be any disfiguration, and he does not cry or whine when it is touched
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: petey
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about petey?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is your puppy?

2- Is he limping from the front or back leg?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
13 weeks old, limping is on back leg

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, I am sorry your puppy is limping. In response to your question, if you are not seeing any swelling or abnormality in the limb and he is not reacting upon manipulating the limb it is likely that he has a soft tissue (muscle, tendon or ligament) injury. Sometimes, however, there could be a very small fracture that is not evident upon palpation. If he has a soft tissue injury he would need rest and pain medication. Unfortunately, there is nothing over the counter that I can recommend for you to give a 13-week old puppy. I would recommend a hands-on examination with the family veterinarian. Your vet will start him on prescription medication. In addition, they may do X-rays to rule out a fracture. If cost is a concern look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian