Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a year old popbellied pig he got up this morning and

Customer Question
ate but little later he...
I have a year old popbellied pig he got up this morning and ate but little later he threw up and now he is just laying around
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that Sam has a digestive disturbance possibly due to something odd he may have ingested. The only thing you can do not is to fast Sam for 24 hrs and at the same time, give him Pepto Bismol at 1 table spoon per 20 pounds of Sam's weight every 8 hrs. After the fast, try feeding Sam a small amount of his normal diet to see if he can keep this down. This treatment will work well for a minor disturbance but if he has an obstruction or infection, your vet will have to examine Sam.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you so much as of this morning he is acting like himself.. thank you so much

You are very welcome! I am so happy that Sam is feeling better!

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian