Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

She is about a month and 1/2 pregnant I noticed her licking

Customer Question

She is about a month and 1/2 pregnant I noticed her licking her self so I looked and she is passing a white yellow looking discharge and a little bit ago it looked to have a little blood in it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No ma'am I am not sure if she is in pain or what she just keeps licking her self and her private area is a little bigger than normal
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

I share your concern here. White/yellow discharge raised worries of possible draining uterine infections or bladder infection. In this case, if she is pregnant we are best to have her seen urgently. Her vet can scan her uterus to make sure there is no infection present and start pregnancy safe antibiotics for any bladder infections. That way we can nip this in the bud and avoid this compromising her pregnancy.

Please take care,
Dr. B
------------------------------------
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)