Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog had puppys and she has parts of her still hanging out

Customer Question
she is done with having...
my dog had puppys and she has parts of her still hanging out she is done with having puppies
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/11/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian

Are you able to post a picture? it may be that she is passing the placentas. There should a placenta for each puppy. Do you know how many puppies she was expecting? X-rays of her before giving birth an tell us how many puppies to expect. If that number did not match the number of puppies she actually had then there are puppies left inside. If she is not done having puppies, then she may need help to ave the rest or she may need more time. If you do not know how many puppies she had then i recommend a trip to the vet for X-rays to see if there are any more puppies left in her.

There can be quite some time between puppies but not usually more than 1-2 hours.

Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian