Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My two year old border terrier ate my daughter's cuticle oil

Customer Question
correction stick. I found all...
My two year old border terrier ate my daughter's cuticle oil correction stick. I found all the plastic part, but the stick itself (made of hard foam) is gone.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if border terrier will be able to digest that. How old is border terrier?
Customer: Two
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about border terrier?
Customer: She is otherwise in good health, although she ate into my daughter's pill box last month and had to be hospitalized.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/10/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I am glad to hear she made it after getting into the pill box.

How big is the piece of hard foam? How long ago did she get it?

If it is 1/2 inch or less, it will probably pass with out a problem. I would feed her normally, to help push it through. An Xray will probably not show up the hard foam so I would watch her to be sure she is eating, and not vomiting.

Let me know how she is doing, and if this answered your questions,

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian