Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My 8 week old, german shepard puppy ate a few bites of

Customer Question

My 8 week old, german shepard puppy ate a few bites of chocolate muffin about 24 hours ago. She just threw up a very small amount of phlegm. She did not eat her dinner last night and won't eat this morning.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bailey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Bailey ate the muffin.

Chocolate can be very toxic, however it must be addressed quickly. At this point, the chocolate is likely had its effect and no further treatment is needed. I suspect she did not get a toxic dose. Her not feeling well could be due to upset stomach from the muffin (high fat is bad for dogs) or it could be completely unrelated. I recommend offering her a bland diet of boiled chicken and white rice. If she is not interested in eating at all this morning, I would have her checked out to ensure there is nothing else going on besides a little bit of upset stomach.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. G.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your Bailey doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and Bailey the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 11 months ago.

I was just checking in again to make sure everything is ok.

How is Bailey doing?

Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation.

I wish you both the best. Hopefully Bailey is doing well.